Food Skil was fortunate to be successful in our application to the CRUNCH.
Food Skil Crunch Application
The Crunch is run by Social Traders, who are they?
Social Traders is a small nonprofit organisation established in 2008 to support and encourage the establishment of commercially viable social enterprises throughout Australia.
Working with government, community, business and research partners, we aim to:
- Raise awareness about social enterprise and demonstrate its benefits
- Open up markets for social enterprise products and services
- Increase finance available to start and develop social enterprises
- Build capacity of social enterprises to trade successfully
- Support the coordination of social enterprise development in Australia
What is the Crunch?
The Crunch takes selected participants through a challenging business planning process. Selected social enterprises are paired with business mentors from leading Australian corporations and MBA students from Melbourne Business School. All participants will work on their social enterprise idea by participating in a total of five workshops, commencing in late September. The workshops cover a number of topics including industry and market research, business forecasting, feasibility assessment, and business planning writing and pitching.
We completed two days last week and now have two business mentors, the future looks bright for Food Skil !